Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WOW

"There are no mistakes, no coincidences. All events are blessings given to us to learn from." ~ Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Wow, I just got another, so off the wall, sign I'm not sure I can even begin to explain it. But I'll try (although I can't reveal the whole story as it is too personal of a sign). 

I just came across a post by a friend on Facebook, whom I've known pretty much my whole life, but have probably not seen or spoken to in fifteen years (maybe longer). 

She doesn't always come up in my newsfeed (you know how that is) but tonight she posted an amateur youtube video performance of this street performer she had seen and wrote, "Somehow this disappeared off my page.... wanted to repost for all those that missed it! ___________ street performer, ____________.... definitely worth watching! Of course filming quality not the best, but hopefully you will get a sense of his talent and charm!!! :)"  

And yes, her reposting of it was necessary as I did not see it the first time she posted and their was a sign in it for me to receive - the name of the song!!! I can't believe what the song was called! I had a such a deep connection to the name of the song - not at all a generic-type of song title (sorry I have to be so vague). Mind you, this was a street performer singing a song either he or a friend had written, of which I had never heard. 

I wanted to know exactly what the lyrics said, but I was extremely doubtful that even if I googled the song title the actual lyrics would come up as it was such an amateur video. But nevertheless, I once again went to Google and typed in the name of the song. Only one webpage came up siting the lyric's to a song by that title and I clicked on it. 

When the webpage came up and I read the lyrics it was as if I felt the song's sole intention was to connect me with a scenario only I would understand! 

And the amazing thing is that I found out a few minute's later that the lyrics found when I googled the song's title were not even the same lyrics sung by the street performer (the lyrics he sung are probably only written on yellow, legal-size pad left on the coffee table at the friend's house he slept on the couch at, and, of course, kept in his mind!).

The incredible thing is, I got my sign from the "wrong" song! And the lyrics (with the same title as the street performer's song) I found on google were so obscure that there was only one web link for it out of 11,600,000 results! 

I don't even know if I am able to rationally explain to you the amazing nature of this particular sign! All I can say is, Wow, just wow!!!

And another thing happened as I had been viewing Facebook tonight and I can't say that it was a sign but it DEFINITELY was a coincidence and you know how I feel about coincidences - there are none! Everything has meaning! 

I randomly came across a very interesting situation. I'll just write here what happened exactly as I posted it on my Facebook page: 

"How is it even possible that I could have a friend from middle school (S. W.) in ____________(*city and state I grew up in) who now lives in ____________(*far, far away state) have a mutual friend in common with a guy I met 25 years ago when I traveled to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, who was from D.C., graduated from Dartmouth (A. M.) and now lives in ___________ (*far, far away state from the other two states!)??? Facebookland, you are a strange and interesting world to be a part of!!!"

Yeah, like I said, I'm not really taking that as a sign (although I probably should since it is so "out" there and that's kind of how signs are: really, really random and unusual!). I guess I wasn't taking it as sign because I just can't figure out what the meaning of it is. Hmm... I'll have to think about that...

So, very interesting, strangely curious night. I like it!!!

*of course since this is an anonymous blog I took out the names of the city and states, whereas on my F.B. page I just wrote out the cities - no need for what I have written in the parentheses above. 

As an afterthought, I should say just finding the apropos quote for this post was a coincidence in itself!

Yep, I'd say tonight was a good "sign" night : ) And a nice feeling of gratitude to go to sleep with.

No comments:

Post a Comment