Monday, January 14, 2013

Quick!

"Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds." ~ Orison Swett Marden

Okay, that was quick! Yesterday I asked God to send me a clear and understandable sign within the next week or so to really help me know that His words are true!

I explained I would be looking for something out of the ordinary, a random event - a thing seen, felt, read, heard - that feels like synchronicity is occurring... and I will have that sign as my reason to keep believing in dreaming miracles.

And I got what I think are two signs before noon today! They may not be huge, but I didn't ask for huge, I just asked for clear and understandable! And to me because these two occurrences were so random and "out there" I couldn't help but take them as signs. Especially the first one.

It doesn't mean I won't be looking for more signs this week to help me in knowing that my faith will manifest my miracles - that God has heard me and will answer my prayers - just very grateful that He has already blessed me so quickly with signs to encourage me to be positive and stay true to the path that I am on.

So, now, let me explain the first sign.

When I go to bed at night I put my MacBook laptop computer to "sleep" and the screen goes black, then I shut the lid and it is "off." Last night I put my computer "to bed" sometime probably a little after midnight. Normally, at any time when I am not going to be using my computer for an extended period of time, i.e, even if it's during the day, I will put my computer to "sleep" to save energy.

And I have noticed over the years that when I lift the lid of my "sleeping" computer, even as the screen changes from black to light up at what ever screen I was last viewing, there is a few seconds before it completely "wakes up," and in that few seconds, if I happen to look at the clock at the top right of my computer screen, it will still have the time showing of when I had turned it "off'." 

In other words, if I was viewing a webpage at 11:45 a.m. and then put the computer to "sleep" and closed the lid because I was going somewhere and wouldn't be back for awhile, when I did get back, say at 6:15 p.m., and opened the lid to my laptop the screen would go from black to lit up and the webpage I had been viewing would be right in front of me just as I had left it, and if I looked at the time after "waking" the computer, it would still read, 11:45 a.m. before it registered, a few seconds later, that it was actually 6:15PM.

The reason I am giving you this in depth description of the sleep/wake/time cycle of my laptop computer is because that is the scenario of how I got my first sign.

You see last night I was on my computer until a little bit after 12:00 a.m. If I had to guess, I'd ay about 12:10 a.m. was the time when I actually put my laptop into "sleep" mode and waited until the screen went black, then closed the lid and put it away. That seems about the right time because I was in bed and had my lights out by 12:30 a.m.

But now is where it gets interesting. When I woke up this morning and went through the ritual of getting my laptop, opening the lid, and watched as the screen slowly (just like me, after a long night of "sleep," it seems to take a bit longer for it to start functioning!) "woke up," for some reason I glanced up at the top, right hand corner - where the clock is -and it read: 4:44 a.m. When I saw that the time was 4:44 a.m. my first thought was, "That's strange. How could it be possible that the time would read 4:44 a.m. when I had turned the computer "off" at 12:10 a.m?" I mean, I continued thinking, "That just doesn't make sense to me. I don't understand. It should read 12:10 a.m., the time when I shut it down and closed the lid." And then because it was taking so long for the computer to actually fully "wake up" and let me start using it, the time of 4:44 a.m. just kept being up there on the screen. I continued to just think, "How strange!"

And then it was like an aha! moment and my mind said, "Doesn't the number 444 have something to do with God?" And I was unsure, but I thought that in my younger years I remembered kids saying that 666 was bad because it represented the Devil and 444 was good because it represented God. But then I was confused, thinking maybe it's the other way around, 666 represents God and 444 represents the Devil. Anyway, that was where my thought process was leading me so I decided that I would google, "what does 444 mean" and the first few websites that came up gave nearly identical answers. The first website was called, Intuitive Journal, and I clicked on it and this is what I read:

"444 is a very powerful number. It means that your angels are by your side and want the very best for you. They are asking that you pay attention very carefully to the signs that you see around you... 444 itself refers to an angelic presence surrounding you and taking comfort in the protection afforded you from the angels. Your angels are always near you, all you have to do is reach out to them with a thought, a thank you, or a wish or a prayer. No message goes unheard."

And then I looked at another website, Angel Numbers, and  the meaning of the number 444 was explained as:

"Angel Number 444 asks that you pay attention to your intuition and inner-wisdom as your connection with your angels and the angelic realm is very strong at this time.  You are encouraged to continue on your current path as your drive and determination will lead to success and fulfillment."

I don't know about numbers' meanings. I just saw something this morning as I opened up my laptop that felt "unusual," I then had a thought about that unusual feeling, and followed my thought process to websites that explained when you take note of seeing the number 444 you are surrounded by angels who are giving you love and support and are asking you to pay attention to the signs around you, and that you are encouraged that the path you are on will lead to success and fulfillment. I found that to be highly unusual!

So, yes, I will take that as a sign! I don't know that you would. Everyone of us is different and thus the way we perceive things is different - individualistic. Something that I may interpret as a sign for me would be completely different than what you would interpret as a sign for you. But, I have to say, that to me, at this time, needing to feel encouraged, needing to believe that God is hearing me, wanting to feel like my Dreaming Miracles journey has a purpose, wanting to keep my faith strong that my heart's desires - my dreams - will come true, that getting this sign was exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for; just what I had asked for!!!

I told you I also got a second sign. My second sign may not have been as interesting as my first, but it was still extraordinarily "unusual" and the timing was also a significant part of me taking it as another sign.

My second sign came from an envelope.

I had mail that I had left unopened for days and really wasn't paying attention to it. Nothing in the small stack of mail seemed particularly important. I literally had the mail (amongst various other items) on the floor outside my room - in the hall. I sometimes do that - put my chaos outside of my room - so inside my room it will be chaos-free and thus more peaceful and comforting (that in itself probably tells you something more about the psychology of me, but I can dwell on that in a different post!). I now can't even recall what made me pick up this envelope, I mean, it wasn't like I had cleaning, or clearing things up, on my mind.

But the envelope caught my eye and I think I thought that maybe I should open it because, although I didn't think I had any outstanding medical bills that hadn't been paid, it looked like it might be a medical bill. As I began to open it, again my mind was like, "What could this medical bill be from?" It had a return address with a medical name on it, but not from anyplace I was familiar with. Anyway, I tore the envelope open and looked at, not a bill, but a check in the amount of $90. The paper the check was attached to had no description of what service had been performed, or why I was being refunded the money. It was simply a check for $90!

Now, you might think, well, that is interesting, money just coming randomly in the mail, but why does she feel like it was a sign? And I'll tell you, I feel like it was a sign for one reason only: timing. I could have opened that envelope in any of the previous three or four days it had been lying there. And if I had opened the envelope on any of those previous days, I would have still been surprised and curious as to why I got the check, but I most likely would not have taken it as a sign. The reason I take it as a sign now is because I didn't open the envelope until today - the day right after I had asked God to send me a sign - something out of the ordinary that felt like synchronicity was occurring. And getting this random gift of money in the mail, while I was on the look out for my signs, believe me, definitely felt synchronistic!!!

So, yay! I got two signs right away that makes me feel renewed in my faith; rejuvenating my dreams! And as great a feeling as that is, it gets better... I still have a whole week or more to discover more signs that will give me more confidence that whatever path I am on, it is the right one!


UPDATE - January 21, 2013

I wanted to update this post to say, that every time over the past week I have looked at the time on my laptop as I opened it up, and in that brief second as the computer is "waking up," the time has ALWAYS been what it was when I turned my laptop off the night before!!! I am reminded that in this post I originally called seeing 4:44 a.m. as a definite sign, but I said that it might not be "huge" one. I now believe - no, know, it was HUGE - VERY HUGE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment