Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Life...

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

*Deep sigh* I don't think I mentioned several months back that I had pain in the underside of my right breast and my doctor had me get a mammogram (I hadn't had one in fours years!) and an ultrasound done on it. The results showed that I had about fourteen cysts in my breast. The cysts had fluid with unknown floating particles in them. I was advised to not have caffeine (which I don't have anyway), to take vitamin E, and to have another ultrasound done in six months time (which now is probably three months away). My pain went away for the past three months, but now it has returned and probably due, my doctor thinks, to me starting to take the hormone Oxytocin which my neurologist had prescribed to see if it would help me overcome my nausea. I haven't been on the Oxytocin long enough to feel like I've given it a fair shake in determining if it will help me or not in relieving me of my nausea; I will continue to take it for another week or two. 

But I bring this health issue up because I had another health issue present itself in the last two weeks (before starting the Oxytocin, so not related) and that is a dull and constant achey pain in my right ovary. My doctor set me up to have a pelvic ultrasound done yesterday and I was called with the results today. It has been found that I have cysts in both my right and left ovaries and further that I have a "mass" in my uterus. The nurse who called me to tell me this news said the mass could be a fibroid. My doctor has left to go out of town for the rest of the week and my appointment with her is not until next Thursday. But her nurse said that if I wanted I could have the lab draw blood to test for cancer markers. I will be getting that done tomorrow. Then, I guess I will have to wait a long week (that is if the results come back in time) to find if my health is mildly serious or severely serious.

I can not tell you how discouraging I feel about all this. I just feel like God has already saddled me with about as much as I can handle and yet I must continue to be positive and faith-filled if I am to have any hope, not just with this latest health issue, but in ALL areas of my life!!!

And as I've written many times before in this blog, I feel that faith is my challenge in this life - having it, and keeping it! I say it is my challenge because faith doesn't come easy to me. It is something that I feel I am constantly having to work on - not just day to day, but hour to hour, minute to minute!!!

So, if you feel like you would want to, please send me your positive thoughts and prayers. I will let you know what I find out as soon as I know more...

No comments:

Post a Comment