Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Letter Writing Class

"Do not wish to be anything but what you are, and try to be that perfectly." ~ St. Francis De Sales

Well, it's official: I definitely need to take a Break-Up Letter Writing class! I thought I wrote a really good, sincere break-up letter to C., on Monday, December 10th, but it seems not to have worked!!! 


Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:06 PM

[No Subject]

DOD LINK


Dear L., Thinking of you.  :-)  

Y , C
_____________________

And then after that message he writes again the following one, as if I never sent him what was, what I considered to be, a break-up letter!!! 


Chat?                                                                                                              Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM

FROM:C.
TO:  L.

DOD LINK

Dear L., I'm going to be free about 3PM for a chat if you can make it then.  Looking forward ....

Y, C

_______________________

He must know me all to well... my weakness for him... but as you can see in the email I sent back to him I made a valiant (albeit rather weak) attempt to thwart him!!!

Subject: Re: Chat?

Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2012 1:25 PM

From: L.
To: C.


C., I want to but I'm not sure...  : ( 

I know you can be very persuasive,  but I'm confused. You do remember my last email (which you called very sensible!), the end part? Did you understand it? 

L. 

P.S.  But, C., if we don't chat today could you please write me something more so that I will have something to look forward to... that would be a special gift to me and right now, for particular reasons, I am in real need of a special gift... 

_______________________

Of course the  "particular reasons" I wrote of was that I was feeling in need of support with my most recent health issue hanging over me (I will find out about that on Thursday and will let you know...) Anyway, he wrote me back: 

Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Re: Chat?
FROM: C.
TO: L.

DOD LINK

Dear L., I remember, and I understand.  I shall give some thought to your request for some "special", in writing.  Look for it sometime later, say an hour or two.  

I hope all is well with you.  I am still on a treadmill, running at top speed about 100 hours or more each week.  I'm aging far faster than I should be.  :-)  

Y., C. 

_________________________

So, you can now officially call me a terrible break-up letter writer (and break-up person!) because from this point on we ended up "talking" a mile-a-minute for the past three days!!! 

We seem to be right back where we were, in LaLa-falling-in-love Land! I haven't bothered to ask anything about what is going on with him and his childhood love. At this point, I don't think a whole lot, if anything, and really, I don't care. I need his support right now and I am getting it. My head is no longer in the clouds (I think). I am just trying to go with the flow, stay balanced and have as much of a blasé (but sincere) attitude that I can. I am taking all of C. with a grain of salt until the time comes when we actually do come together (and God knows when that will be!). 

As my grandmother used to say, (in reference to the Soap Opera, As the World Turns) "We'll just watch and see what happens on, 'As the Worm Turns!'" 



No comments:

Post a Comment