Thursday, December 6, 2012

Abandoment

"Live to the point of tears." ~ Albert Camus

A few post back I had said that Job, from the bible, had come to mind as I was feeling so miserable about what Life was throwing at me. I said that although I was not well-versed in the bible I knew that God had let the Devil tempt Job in his Faith and that Job, would not give in, would not allow his faith in God to be taken from him. I said that I would need to read the story in the bible to really know what happened.

Well, I did go in search of a bible. I asked my mom if there were a bible around the house that I could take and she directed me to a drawer where I found one. I did read the story of Job and it was a blessing to read of his faith in God in the face of ALL misery! He wasn't perfect; he had wished that he had never been born so that he might not be bearing such heartache, but he never gave up, even when he most wanted to. His faith in God was too strong.

But what I really wanted to say was that when I opened this bible a small piece of paper fell out. On the paper was a prayer that was written in my mom's handwriting; a prayer she must have felt drawn to at one time (I can't tell how long ago it was written but the bible is twenty-five years old). The Prayer is titled: Prayer of Abandonment to God. I would like to share it because it is exactly the prayer I most need to be saying to God right now; the one I will be saying...

Prayer of Abandonment to God

Father,

I abandon myself into your hands; do with me what you will. Whatever you may do, I thank you: I am ready for all; I accept all. Let only your will be done in me, and in all your creatures -- I wish no more than this, O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul: I offer it to you with all the love of my heart, for I love you Lord, and so need to give myself, to surrender myself into your hands, without reserve, and with boundless confidence,

For you are my Father.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment