Monday, June 10, 2013

Looking, but not Looking

"Every search begins with beginner's luck. And every search ends with the victor's being severely tested." ~ Paulo Coelho 

I went to my Yahoo account and they have headlines that can sometimes catch your eye when signing in to access your email. Usually I ignore the articles from these headlines because I'm there to check on my email! But occasionally one will catch my eye and I feel the pull of checking out what the headline means (Yahoo reels you in by "tantalizing" you with the headline - you actually have to click on it to get to the "answer" to what the headline alluded to!) 

So, anyway, I got reeled in by this headline:




and then for some reason felt like I wanted to know "the why?" I clicked on the headline and began reading the article

And I read the following in the second paragraph: "That honor still belongs to former Groveland (Fla.) South Lake High star Jeff Demps, whose time of 10.01 seconds at the 2008 U.S. Olympic trials still ranks as the U.S. No. 1 prep time in history." 

Okay, you might be saying, what's the significance of that? But, if you've come to "know" me you probably can make a pretty good guess. And the right guess would be: that record is still held by a different kid and his record-breaking time is, ta da... 10.01.  


I'm just writing this because I just want to reiterate how often I see 10.01 (my birthdate 10/01), in one fashion or another. 


I could have easily passed on that article. Really, what did I really care about it - only a vague sense of curuiousity - but I didn't. And seeing 10.01 was the result of following this passing thought in my mind at that time, instead of ignoring it and moving on. 

Anyway, I see 10.01 so often, like I said, in so many different ways, and I have told you that seeing that number has, for the past nine months or so, represented to me: be on the look out; a sign is coming. And then of course, a few months ago I decided to find out what these number I kept repeatedly seeing meant and that led me here which I always find interesting, but even better, hopeful. 


So, yeah, I was given a small sign, AND, I get to be on the look out for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment