Wednesday, November 7, 2012

32

"Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about." ~ Unknown

Today is day 32 and I still haven't had my period. I know that within the last four years I've had my period come on day 31, but I don't ever recall it being as late as day 32. 

Every ounce of me wants to feel anxiety and freak-the-hell-out! But every time I get that feeling of stress; of doubt, I just have to remind myself: FAITH! And after I remind myself to keep the faith of mustard seed, I say to God, "Thy will be done." 

What more can I do than to believe that God's will for my life is perfect; that His plan for me on this Dreaming Miracles journey is to show me how perfect plays out! 

I knew the past month's cycle was a strange one. First, I did an ovulation test stick on day seven and it came up positive. I didn't feel any symptoms but I usually find that those happen two days after I get the positive sign that I'm ovulating. The symptoms that I feel are usually just a slight achiness in my ovary area (most often on my right side). I was going to do the test on day eight just to double-check the result of the day before but my ovulation stick didn't work so I couldn't find out. Then on day eleven I actually did feel my right ovary area become achy and so I was sure I was ovulating, but then the same thing happened again on day sixteen, and again on day twenty! 

I had told my doctor about the ovulation pattern I was experiencing up to the day sixteen mark (I didn't have an appointment with her to let her know of the day twenty achiness) and she said that older woman often ovulate more than once during the month, which is why twins often result.

So, at that point I was still feeling okay. I was still thinking my period would be later than its "normal" twenty-six day cycle but that it would come. Now, I'm just *deep sigh* hoping that I do have a period and that next month I get back to some normalcy. 

It is so frustrating when you want something so badly you can taste it, smell it, feel it, and yet it's not real enough for you to touch it!

All I can do is keep doing the things that are within my control; having faith and being positive the highest priority on that list. 

Dreaming Miracles is a journey of faith and, trust me, my faith isn't going to fail me now : )

No comments:

Post a Comment