Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Round Two

"We may not know how to forgive, and we may not want to forgive; but the very fact we say we are willing to forgive begins the healing practice."
~ Louise Hay

I'm about to have my second counseling appointment with the sister I've been estranged from for nearly three years. I had the first appointment right before Christmas and it didn't go well. But we left it at the possibility of trying to have another meeting with my counselor to see if we could advance positively forward. That possibility will be taking place today; an hour from now. As I said before, I'm trying to do this for my mom because I know that it places a hardship on her to be in the middle of our falling out.

My counselor asked me what I wanted to accomplish at this second meeting. She told me to write it down, but I didn't because I don't think I really want to accomplish much. It's not like I really think our relationship can go back to what it had been - which was very close - but I do want her to be able to come over to my mom's home - my home - whenever she or my mom chooses, without worrying whether I'm going to run into her or not. It's so complicated that I think just being at the same location as her, at the same time, is as good a start on mending our relationship as I can imagine at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment