Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tripping

"Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

So far my trip is going well. I did get together with my high school friend and went to a Major League baseball game. We even made it on the jumbo tron (the huge video screens that are situated high, above the scoreboards). My friend’s eleven year old daughter wanted to be on it and I told her that when the music came on during the inning changes she had to get up and dance. She said there was nooooooo waaaaayyyyy she was gonna do that! Well, around the bottom of the eighth inning an Irish jig kinda song came on and the Irish in me wasn’t about to let a good jig pass me by. So, up I stand, and within the tiny parameters of my seat area, I commence to do a jig this way and jig that way, with an up here and a down there. Within minutes (and thank God because dancing an Irish jig is exhausting!) my friend’s daughter yells, “L, we’re on the big screen! We’re on the big screen!” And sure enough I turn to the screen and there I am, as huge as can be, dancing a jig that I’m sure put a sparkle in my Irish grandmother’s eye as she danced along with me in that Big Irish Pub in the sky. It was a perfect ending to a gorgeous and fun-filled day.

My next big adventure was going to an NFL game. My sister’s neighbors not only have season tickets, but a place right next to the stadium to berth their big motor home. They’ve got tailgating down to a science so catching a ride to the game with them is like having the cake with a cherry on top. Just the pre-game, people watching while drinking ice-cold beers was worth it; actually getting in to watch the game was a bonus on top of a bonus. I needed a chiropractor after the game due to whiplash - there were so many guys to look at I could barely keep my head attached to my body!

Presently, I’ve left the big city behind and am staying at my mom’s property. My sister traveled with us and spent the first five days here and then left to go back to her family. She and I road inner-tubes down a river and had more excitement than we wished for, but it left us with a story we will be able to reminisce about long into our old age!

Now, it’s just my mom and I taking it easy for the next week, enjoying relaxing warm days and cool nights.

In other news, my period came. It was early. On the one hand, I have to be positive and feel blessed that it has come, on the other hand, it feels discouraging when it comes before it should.

I am determined to call K. M. in the next day or two to ask him about being my sperm donor. I can’t keep putting it off. I need to know, one way or the other, if he is willing and capable. Talk about getting out of my comfort zone...

No comments:

Post a Comment