Thursday, August 14, 2014

Results

"Always have old memories, and young hopes." ~ Arsene Houssaye

When I went to my doctor's appointment to get the results of my Cine MRI I knew that whatever she  told me wouldn't be good. 

If the MRI showed a blockage of spinal fluid flow then it would mean a high likelihood that that was what was causing my nausea. If that were the case, having the brain surgery -  where they put the shunt in between your lower brain and spinal cord to open that compacted space up - would be the hoped for cure. 

If my doctor told me that the MRI was normal then that wouldn't be good either because I would still be sick and not any closer to understanding how to get better. 

So, like I said, whatever her answer was I felt like it was a lose-lose. 

And the results were that my spinal fluid was flowing normally. 

Great! Yay! No brain surgery! 

Ugh! Bad! Still nauseous! 

I went for forty days with my "death" nausea before I had a day of my "normal" bad nausea (prior to that, the longest stretch of "bad" had been seven days!) and I made it out alive - which, when your physical illness challenges you so mentally, is no easy feat!

All I can do right now is give thanks for all that is good and keep believing, that sometime soon, being ill will be a thing of my past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment