Saturday, August 2, 2014

Compliment?

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every once in a while someone will ask me what I think is one of the stupidest questions ever... "Why aren't you married?" and I look at them with a tempered form of loathing and give no response. They continue questioning, "Have you ever been close to being married?" "Yes," I answer, "very close." "Well, what happened?" they want to know. And I just look at them and say, "I didn't get his name or number!" : )

But at the same time it irritates me, I know that their asking the question is a form of compliment, as in, how can this girl not be married when: she's pretty, she's funny, she's smart, she's charming, she's athletic, she's thoughtful, or whatever positive thing it is they are thinking. But still, I just wish they'd figure a better way of doing it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment