Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Love Me Tinder, Love Me Sweet...

"When in doubt, risk it." ~ Holbrook Jackson

So, I got the Tinder app (free to download) about two months ago. Tinder is... crazy!

I'm sure in bigger cities it isn't as crazy as it is in smaller, more niche towns, like the one I live in. But as crazy as I think it is, it's also kind of addictive! Which means I pretty much love it!

If you're not familiar with Tinder here's a pretty thorough article on exactly how it works. When I first got on Tinder I just decided to leave the age range open from 18 - 50+, and I let the distance surrounding me be as far as I could... I mean, my feeling is, who knows where romance lies!

But nothing could have prepared me for how shocking Tinder was going to be! I think I've said in blog posts before that I'm fairly naive, and I've always been kinda "youngish" for my age. As an example, my sister, who was a freshman in high school, had to explain to me - a freshman in COLLEGE!!! - what a certain two-digit number meant in sex! I was always so clueless... at least when it came to the sexual realm, and although I'm a little less so now, I'm still not completely clued in. A lot of that, by now, at least, has to do with just not ever being in a long-term relationship, i.e., barely ever having a boyfriend!

But what shocked me on Tinder is what happened when I started "playing" it. As I said, I didn't "discriminate" on the basis of age, only on whether or not they were a.) cute and b.) seemingly interesting. So, I would just "like" any guy that met both my "a" and "b" criteria - and those guys were few and far between - I might "swipe left" - meaning you aren't interested in the guy and Tinder gets rid of him and pulls up the next guy - fifty times before I found what I was looking for. But most of the time the guys that met my "criteria" were 19-23!!! But, like I said, because I wasn't discriminating on age I'd "swipe right" on them - meaning you "liked" them - and I was sure that Tinder would just move me along to the next guy, but, nooooooo, almost every guy would come up and Tinder would say, "You're a Macth!"

What? I thought, the guy's 19! But not only would I "match" with these cute, young, seemingly interesting, guys, but they would write to me which was even more shocking, as in they wanted to text back and forth with me - which I did! And low, and behold, I found out within a few days of being on Tinder, young guys - and I mean A LOT of young guys! - have older woman fantasies!!! Hahaha! I swear, I was like, I can't believe this... but it's true! And now when I "like" a young, cute, seemingly interesting, guy I'm more surprised if he doesn't "match" with me! That's how crazy Tinder is!

Nevertheless, talk about an ego-booster, Tinder, at least for me, is it! And, who knows, maybe I'll find a young, awesome Tinder guy who wants to make a baby with me! As I've learned on Tinder... you never know what will surprise you!

No comments:

Post a Comment