Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Celebration Time

Okay, the celebration is just for my period! But each month when it comes I feel so joyful and hopeful. I'm still in the game! And I thank God for blessing me with that sign of my continued fertility.

And yet, I do remember in my twenties when I cursed getting my period. What an annoyance it was! I had a lot of, this-is-not-the-right-time-for-you-to-come periods! But I was lucky in that it was rare for me to ever have cramps or pain. Truthfully, I never seemed to have any detectable symptoms; no knowledge of when it was coming. It just shockingly arrived.

I remember I had my first period on my 16th birthday! My mom was out of town and had never had the "talk" with me anyway. My older sisters were off at college and also had never included me in that kind of conversation. I was all alone, and naive as it seems now, I had no idea what I was supposed to do. I just remember thankfully finding an old box of my sister's tampons with a few still in there. I read the directions on the back of that box over and over and over. I probably spent a half and hour figuring it out and mustering the courage to put that thing in there! Ha, ha, ha, so funny now... time flies...

Now, at the age of 46, having my periods come each month is beautiful, amazing and awe-inspiring! And all the courage I have to muster presently, is faith that they'll continue until I've reached my dream of having a baby of my own. We shall see. The story continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment