Saturday, April 20, 2013

Absent

"One of the secrets of life is to make stepping stones out of stumbling blocks." ~ Jack Penn

In my last post I wrote that my period was late, but that I thought it would eventually come. I questioned whether or not the trauma of going through my episode of anaphylactic shock may have been a cause of "throwing it off." 

Well, it never did come. My body felt like it was going to arrive but it just remained absent. 

Of course, it concerns me deeply, but I know that I am only capable of controlling what is in my realm of control. I must, in faith, leave the rest to God - and that is a great solace to me - that we are a team! 

I asked my doctor if she felt that the anaphylactic shock could have played any part in not having my period the past month (even though it is top of my mind that my age is definitely a huge variable!)? She said that, yes, my body not only went through the trauma, but that the massive dose of steroids pumped into me to stop the inflammation, as well as, taking the other steroid prescribed for the week after my release from the hospital, could definitely have adversely altered the functioning of my hormone levels. 

But because this is the first time this has ever happened to me, since I started my period on my sixteenth birthday, I was completely lost as to where I might be in my cycle. Was I even having a cycle this month? She ordered blood work, so I went to the lab to get that drawn. I'll go back to her next week and see if she has gotten that information from the lab and what, if anything, I need to do next. 

Do I feel worried about this having happened, that my chance of getting pregnant with my own eggs, having a biological child of my own, is slipping away from me? In this situation, with how my life is at this time, I don't think I would be human if I didn't feel some form of doubt. But, guess what? I don't have doubt that I can overcome my doubts!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment