Saturday, July 7, 2012

Twelve Days

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible." ~ Unknown
It has been twelve days since C. last wrote to me. It feels much longer than that.
When C. had first left to go on his military deployment I had only "known" him one week. We had what seemed to be an unusual connection and fast-developing "relationship" which only increased and strengthened in the ensuing months of communicating via email. It still amazes me that we have not yet even spoken in person! But it doesn't matter; our heart's have "talked" with each other.
When C. originally left it took fourteen days before I received my first email from him. I remember wanting to hear from him, but not desperately wanting to hear from him as I do now.

I am sure that if C. and I had a fully developed relationship when he left on his deployment it would be hard enough not to have contact with him, but I don't think my mind would always be going to a "bad" place while I waited. I am constantly having to remind myself to be faith-filled, enough that it feels like I am slaying another dragon. But, thankfully, my journey had made me better at slaying them!
With the faith of a mustard seed I will wait for the day when the waiting is over. And I keep re-reading what C. wrote on June 6th regarding his time in Russia, "... If you don't get any messages from me please do not worry ... it is just the absence of a system.  Just remember the prize at the end.  :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment