Wednesday, March 21, 2012

No Biting Allowed

"When faced with a challenge, look for a way,
not a way out." - David Weatherford

Well, the last of my family left over the weekend and I made it through the circus without incident - almost as hard to do as riding a unicycle on a tight-rope.

Actually, the brother I try to avoid was avoided just the right amount: where it didn't seem rude (although it was made easier as he and his family actually stayed at another house!) My sister K., came by with her husband (he, of whom, I hadn't seen or spoken to in three years and still, technically, haven't made amends with) and I was cordial to both.

And except for one night, I stayed away from the late night imbibing (alcohol and family gatherings can often go astray).

I feel like I took part in things as I could, but made sure to not take part in everything. I guess it worked because at no time during the week did hair-pulling, scratching, or biting take place (there used to be a sign hung on the "Fun Club" door in our house saying such things were not allowed of members!)

Anyway, I feel relieved that it went as well as it did and wish it always could be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment