Sunday, December 12, 2010

Bah Humbug...

According to all of the commercials I'm seeing on t.v. during this holiday season I guess this is the time of year when men go out and buy engagement rings for the woman they want to spend the rest of their lives with. The commercials are all about hopefulness and happiness and it's... depressing. When all you've ever wanted was that down-on-one-knee-engagement-ring-moment to play out in your own life and it just hasn't, it's hard to watch it seemingly play out in everyone else's life. Seriously, I just really have a little pang of regret and a feeling of loss every time I see one of those commercials.

I don't want to live with a feeling of lack hanging over me, but I can't figure out how to find my happiness. I need to go on a thirty day happiness diet. I need to come up with a strategy for working my mind and body through a rigid happiness regimen for thirty days. I have to come up with something, because what I'm doing now isn't working out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment