Monday, October 11, 2010

Breaking it Down

I feel like I'm close to breakdown mode. I don't want to be too dramatic, I know I'll survive, but I'm in the weeds (if you've ever waited tables at a restaurant or bar you'll know what I mean).

I was visiting my mom's home state for three weeks and did really well for two of them and then took a dive back down into the feel-like-crap pool for the last week. The morning after I got home I had my third test to check and see what's up with my feeling nauseous so often.

The next day I had my pre-op appointment for my reconstructive knee surgery. I haven't even mentioned that up coming event. It's an old injury (snapped ACL, torn MCL and meniscus tear) from my college athletic days. Why am I having it now? First, it should have been done long ago, but your side-lined (0n crutches etc.) with this operation and I never seemed to have the time, second, because I've met my insurance deductible (which is pretty high) because of my illness and I need to get it and a lot of the rehab done before the end of the year. Third, I really didn't think my nausea problem was going to keep going on. My latest test revealed that I'm not digesting food like a normal person would. So the food is just sitting there "festering" (which is how my doctor gingerly put it) which would, she said, make anyone feel nauseous. Anyway, she's put me on a medicine that will (hopefully) help.

Outside of the the nausea, and now the reconstructive knee surgery, I just turned 47, had my period on my birthday and it was three days earlier than normal which put me into a bit of a depression. Ugh! My doctor said for me not to read more into, that my body has been under a great deal of stress and we're going to be trying to get it healed.

I hear the Faith Train coming and I've gotta get on board!

No comments:

Post a Comment