Sunday, July 25, 2010

Comfort Zone

A few post back I wrote that a friend recommended I try an online dating site like match.com. I've really been opposed to that sort of thing. I hear about people having met their "soul-mate" on some of those dating sites, but it just didn't seem like something that appealed to me. However, since that friend had spoken so positively about it, and because I felt like I needed to get out of my "comfort zone," I dipped my toe in the water - I tried the "free weekend trial offer" and the ones that let you check out the men on the site without first having to join, and I have to say, after viewing the guys that were my "matches," there's gotta be another way!

And this New York Times article gave me an option more up my alley. I mean, it would still take me out of my comfort zone, but I could see it working for me in a much more productive way. I mean, there have been plenty of times in my life when I've seen a guy that interested me, but without knowing anything about him, without the situation, or timing, being appropriate to finding out, he was just left to be put in that stack (piling up) of "what-ifs." But this idea of giving a card to a guy with information about how to contact you, should he be interested in doing so, seems like a doable (though, for me, still scary) idea.

But you've actually got to leave your house and go out to places where guys are, to give it a shot so, now I've gotta figure that one out : )

No comments:

Post a Comment