Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hmmm......

I woke up this morning and per my usual daily ritual got my breakfast and checked out what was going on in Facebookland. Sometimes, when I click on Facebook and the home page opens up, I glance over to see if I've gotten any new friend requests, hoping that maybe today is the day that someone interesting from my past is seeking me out. Well, today was a day when that small hope was realized. Although it wasn't a friend request per se, because it came via a message in my inbox, I'll count it just the same. Here is the message I received, "last time i saw you, you were in my... whats up...when are you coming home for a visit, we should pick up where we..." T.

I'll fill in the missing parts. First off, this message is from a guy, T., that I went to high school with almost 30 years ago (2011 will be 30th reunion!) and I last saw him at my high school class's 20th reunion. My freshman year I had
the biggest crush on him. He played tennis and pulled off preppy in an avant-garde way (although I'm sure he wasn't trying and didn't know it, which is why it worked for me). When he writes: last time I saw you, you were in my... the next word would be: bed. Yep, I went to drop him off at his home after a late night (early morning) of partying with friends at my place. He invited me in. Kissing on the couch led to cuddling in the bedroom. And that's it. Nothing happened.

For a couple of reasons. One, we were both completely tired from the night's events, and two, I had another guy back at my house! Yep, I had my 8th grade boyfriend, G., whom I had drifted away from during high school, back there waiting for me to return. It's not that I was neccessarily more interested in getting back to G. rather than staying with T., but when you've left someone back at your parent's house (they were out of town! and yes, it is too high school for words!) you kind of have a responsibility to not just leave them hanging.

Anyway, long story, barely shorter, I left T. sleeping, went back to my place, found G. sleeping, and decided that's what I needed to be doing too. So, I went into another bedroom climbed into a single bed and fell fast asleep. However, shortly thereafter, G. found me, crawled into bed with me and fun started to ensue. But if you can go back and remember the last time you tried to get-down-and-get-back-up-again in a single bed (if you ever did) then you know that it's not conducive to the kind of fun that might be FUN! So we went back to my parent's king size bed (again, I know, so high school) and let the games* begin!

So, getting back to today's message from T. about, "...we should pick up where we..." I finished reading and thought, ya know, I think we should! Unfortunately, my second thought was that I've gained a few pounds since then. But hey, he's probably lost a few more strands of hair on his head!

And as for making progress toward dreaming miracles and manifesting my desires I'd say this is exactly the kind of thing that W.H. Murray meant from the quote I wrote of in my previous post. Not to say that this one little thing is "it" but that these are the kind of messages (literally and symbolically) that tell me to keep
BELIEVING.

*Fun times but not the "whole-nine-yards." Yeah, I know, lame, but that was me then...

No comments:

Post a Comment