Thursday, March 17, 2022

St. Patrick's Day

"What this power is, I cannot say. All I know is that it exists...and it becomes available only when you are in that state of mind in which you know exactly what you want...and are fully determined not to quit until you get it." ~ Alexander Graham Bell

My GP went out of town - unbeknownst to me 😞 - for 10 days! My labs came back last Thursday, March 10th and if I had known she would not be working starting that Friday I would have made arrangements to get her to write and send the clearance letters (hers and MFM) before she left. Anyway, I'm trying to be as chill as possible (meaning: faith-filled about every aspect of what is going on around me in regards to this journey; this dream of my life) so I was like, I could wait for her to get back and to talk to MFM (Maternal Fetal Medicine) doctor Monday or, because her nurse told me he had sent my lab work to Dr. D (MFM), I could call him. 

I was wavering about what to do. I mean, I wanted to know the test results! There were two important ones I didn't understand the takeaway from reading. And Dr. D. was the gate opener or the gate closer on whether my journey continued or not. But I also don't know the protocol when two doctors are working together (MFM had the test he wanted done and my GP had the test she wanted done and they were all on one requisition!) so I didn't want to step on toes.

So I was just kind of hanging out with my 91 3/4 year old mom and I told her my dilemma and she told me to go ahead and get in touch with him. Which made me ask her, what's your reasoning? And she says, "I don't got one!" I guessed that was about all the wisdom I was gonna get so I just sent the text 😅 And Dr. D replied back. Yay. This was the end part... 



Woot! Woot! I have the "green" light!!! on St. Patrick's Day! ☘️


 

No comments:

Post a Comment