Sunday, January 15, 2012

Jesus!!!

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Scully

It's Sunday and I finally mustered up the courage to open the email from H.B. that I received on Friday night. I said a prayer when I wrote and sent my "Big Project" email to him, and I said a prayer just before I opened his response, and both prayers were for me to have peace with whatever the outcome was.

Here's what H.B. wrote me back saying:

Jesus!!! you could have warned me!!! lol, I 'm flattered of course, but I actually understand where your coming from. Not a problem. Do I mail you my spunk or can I deliver it personally!!! I'm kidding of course. I'll have to think about it. Its a big decision for me....being a father. Not saying no...but ...wow... I've gotta think about that. I think you would be a terrific mommy. I really do. Your very smart, quirky and have so much going for you. We should talk maybe middle of next week. I hope your well n happy n ______. We should probably talk over a drink or two.. or three...My best, always - H. B.


And this is what I wrote him back:

You're funny... and right, a drink or two or three : ) Aw, it feels good just to have you consider it... I know it's HUGE and part of me can't imagine you doing it, and the other part of me, the artist in me, just wants to start "painting" with the best canvas and brushes and paint (you!)

L

So, it's not a "yes," but it's not a "no" either. I'm so happy that he's willing to talk about it with me. But the biggest thing I have to work on these next few days is not to get my hopes up. I just have to keep reminding myself that things (whatever that might be) will work out for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment