Friday, December 30, 2011

Home Away from Home

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
~ André Gide

Well, I'm at my home away from home, my oldest sister's house (the one who lives a plane flight away and in the suburbs of a big city), and have been hanging out with her and her daughter (her hubby, whose from South Africa, and their son are over there visiting relatives) since Christmas Eve. The amazing thing is that my mom is back at home (my youngest sister is visiting her) and so we aren't, per usual, tied at the hip. It's actually kind of strange, but I think great for both of us to have time apart.

I've been to a few a parties since I arrived (my sister is very social and lives in a very social neighborhood!) so I've gotten to get out and meet new people, have stimulating conversation and exotic (for me) cocktails. Unfortunately, I have had my illness come back so I've had a lot of days feeling bad and it's pretty frustrating.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and we have at least two parties to go to so I'm hoping, and praying, that I have one of my better feeling days.

Nothing is happening on the-getting-pregnant front right now. It's still top of my mind, but I just haven't figured out what to do. My goal is definitely to have something happen by the end of January. What that something is, like I said, I'm not sure, but I will have done something to advance my dreams forward, I can guarantee that. Now whether or not my dreams actually get advanced forward remains to be seen.

In news somewhat in that vein, I did have a really wonderful present on Christmas day - my period! So, like I've said before, I still feel like I'm in the game. To me, it feels like half time (to you it may feel like I'm in the last seconds of the last quarter, so thank goodness it's my story!), but I know that I've got to get a score on the board soon.... and I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment