Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Gall of it All (Two)

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does."
~ William James

So, my mother will be going in for surgery tomorrow afternoon to remove her gallbladder. It will be done laparoscopically so it is supposed to be less "invasive," but of course I'm still worried. My mom is eighty-one so I don't take any procedures she has done lightly. And being that I often feel, at this stage, like she is the sole reason for my existence, it feels even harder on me. I wish I had more going on in my life that made me feel purposeful, but I don't. I'm working on it - finding my purpose - but right now, she's it.

Update: My mom came out of her surgery looking like the poorest, sweetest thing I ever saw. She is having pain in recovery, but is on the mend. Now I've just got to fatten her up!

No comments:

Post a Comment