Friday, January 9, 2015

Te Papa Tongarewa

"Our pathways are all prearrange ,, even before contraception takes place ,, we are all here to learn lessons , earth is our school , its how we as indvidauls how we choose to react & deal wid & learn & grow ,,, its easy to figure out really ,, this is ur path ur jorney ,, & u get to choose ,,all i need to say on this ,, finding the coin was to give u those few lines ,,just writtern ,, put that in ur book or notes ,m, & for those who cant get the message , thay are not ready atm... DONT over think ,, JUST BE & LIVE IN THE MOVMENT ..BECOMES WISDOM 

MICALES ARE A STATE OF MIND ,, THEY ARE ALWAYS AROUND US ,, ALL I NEED TO SAY ,,


AMEN !!!!" ~ Hemi – James – Tohunga (a shaman - from New Zealand - who I didn't know (exactly) I was looking for -  but, by Fate, found me anyway)

'Te Papa Tongarewa' in the Maori language means "container of treasures." That's the name of the major art museum in Wellington, New Zealand. And I've found, recently, amongst all of my, "New Zealand notes, stories, photos, etc." an image I re-created from a piece of Maori art work that was on display at the museum.

The artwork was just a large image of something closely akin to what I might think of as a "doodle." It was contained in two panels. I liked the simplistic, but somehow both strong and delicate, image. I looked off to the side of the piece where - on a small card - it explained who the artist was and the artist's meaning of the portrayal. I don't recall the name of the artist, but the small sign containing the information told me that it was the Maori symbolism for fertility. 

I was not looking for any Maori symbolism while on my trip there, much less to come across two (of about four pieces of Maori art symbols in the entire five story museum), and I thought, at the time, how interesting that I should be confronted, face-to-face, with as big a Maori image as I could imagine, and that it be that of fertility. 

And so I, using the museums tour guide booklet, stopped long enough in front of it to draw out - exactly what the Maori symbol for fertility was... and I only just recently re-drew it onto a blank piece of white paper and taped it to the side of my bedside table - the side that only I can see - and I see it now every night as I turn out my light to go to bed, and every morning as I my eyes open to another day, and my mind just automatically thinks - but also knows - it means fertileness; it means fertility...  


I'm not at all sure what the bold lines within the symbols mean... it's really unlike anything I would expect of what a fertility symbol might be... but yeah, in Maori culture - according to the art which I re-created in exactness - those two panels, with their symbols, represent fertiliy... and being fertile... 

No comments:

Post a Comment