Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Home!

"If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment." ~ Henry David Thoreau

So, I made my trip to New Zealand, traveled the whole coastline, east (Pacific Ocean) and west (Tasman Sea) of the country from the top of the North Island at Cape Reigna, to the bottom of the South Island at Bluff - 4,268 miles. It took a whole month and at the end I was pressed for time.

As I explained in, A Thinking Body - Part Two, I went to New Zealand to try and change fate, to make fate, to do something, anything, to make a thing I couldn't understand, understandable! And I did it! I f'n did it!

During my month I went with the idea that I would write a book on fate... based on this one fateful "event" that occurred in my life. I had two fate lines to choose from… one fate line going to New Zealand, the other fate line going to Scotland… I took the New Zealand fate line first for mainly two reasons: New Zealand was going into spring/summer, while Scotland would be going into fall/winter, and because I thought it would be easier for me to go to Scotland at anytime, whereas I felt that if I didn't take the New Zealand fate line first, I might never take it… so, New Zealand it was! And I am truly amazed at that fate line, the stories, that came from this one decision. I didn't even have to look for the stories they just came to me as if just waiting to unfold, or to be told…

So, I can't really write about all of these strange, crazy, emotional, events… you'll have to wait to read them in the book! : )

But I can say one very, very important thing: that one sentence, from the New Zealand "fate line," that I pulled out of a year-and-a-half of what seemed to be a meaningless experience, well, that one line, was completely true! And the line, the line written that made me take the New Zealand fate line in the first place, was, "Maybe you should come down here and have a look for yourself ... lots of very virile young males on the street…" Yep, I can say assuredly, that is the God's honest truth... and because of it, I am way out of the desert now… and truthfully, I didn't even try to leave the "desert" I was led out, fatefully, led out… my thirst thoroughly quenched… at least for a time! : )

Now, in addition to the book I am writing, about my "fate journey," I am also making application for a New Zealand grant-funded project! Because, as I drove throughout the country, I felt called to some particular thing that I think is of both national and cultural significance for New Zealand as a country (and by default, the world). So, we'll see if the government of New Zealand finds my project worthy of its money… and of course I will fill you in if it does!

I thought to myself, at the end of the New Zealand journey, was I changed in any way? Did making that trip alter me? And I couldn't see that it really did. But sitting on a darkened beach, the last night before I made my way back to my host in Auckland, and then home, someone told me that it may take time - weeks or months - to realize how I might be different… and I think they are probably right. 

And should I get this grant proposal accepted, then my life truly will be altered, and that initial fateful event, the "thing" that triggered the whole idea of finding a way to turn something negative into something positive, will most definitely be life-changing and I will feel its purpose powerfully… but even if that shouldn't happen, this journey, taken by myself, to a country on the other side of the world, where I knew no one, did change my fate and it did change others' also… of that I am sure! 

So, the Universe tried to "toy" with me, as I said in that earlier post, and I decided I was going to "toy" back. I thought, back then, if the Universe was going to play a game with my life, then I was going to play the game back… and as best I could, I played the game… and I played it well!

Now, I will have to see if I need to take the Scotland "fate line" in May in order that this fateful journey feel complete. I guess Fate will determine that…












No comments:

Post a Comment