Monday, April 9, 2012

A Basketful of Eggs


" If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise. "
~ Johann von Goethe

I came across these two articles on the same day. This one gives remarkable hope to women who want to have babies later in life. And though I do believe that it will happen and be a successful way of extending fertility, it's still probably five years away. Let's just say, I'm not putting my eggs in that basket yet... I'm ready to get pregnant now!

The other article reminds me of why I don't want to go the anonymous sperm donor route. Although other countries have limits on how many children a sperm donor can father, the U.S. doesn't (only guidelines) and I just feel strongly about not wanting my children to have fifty or more (100!) half-siblings. That may be the right route for someone else, I just know it isn't the right route for me.

And although things still feel as if they are at a standstill for me, I'm sure they're not. We can't feel the Earth spinning and hurtling through space, but that doesn't mean it isn't...

No comments:

Post a Comment